Cochranetown

Welcome to CochraneTown. You can visit for your daily dose of non-important material. Basically a spot for me to throw down some of my daily events and interests. Come back any time and let your comments be seen.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

1948 - 2006




Last Saturday Julia lost her father. Howard had been battling a disease called Idio-Pathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Pulmonary Fibrosis is a lung disease that createscauses scar tissue in the lungs which in time depleats fuction and capacity of the lungs. He needed a lung transplant. Howard was diagnosed almost 6 years ago and up until last year he played his 53rd year of hockey with the Belmont Oldtimers........Very strong and determined.
He kept playing golf up until this passed summer. He had to quit that too. Howard had been put on oxygen and was told to take a break from the golf. I've been with Julia for almost 4 years now. Her dad was one of the most positive, stand-up guys I have ever met. No matter how bad of a day he was having, he would always be positive and humorous. I was never in a bad mood around him, nobody could be. He would bring a smile to anyones face the first time meeting him because of his genuine heart. At his wake this past week, over 907 people passed through to pay their respects to him and his family. Thats how many people who's lives he touched...and more. Its times like these that you really re-evaluate who you are and the relationships you have with your own family. It gives you a chance to look at what is important, and how easily it can be taken away. I'll miss you Howard..And I will take care of your little girl.

Please sign your donour cards....


5 Comments:

Blogger Styeiles said...

Great post buddy!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks hun....he loved you like a third son and I am so thankful that you got to not only meet but truly know each other. You are a lot like him in many respects and even he told people that....which means a lot to me and says a lot about you. Even though he won't be there physically anymore I know he will be there and is still looking forward to Nov 18th....I love you!

3:27 PM  
Blogger CochraneTown said...

aww..

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was one of the nicest guys i've ever met. I wish i could have golfed with him and played hockey with him when he was 100%. That pic of him in the car is awesome.

11:53 AM  
Blogger CochraneTown said...

I agree pal. he was the nicest guy I have met. You got to play with him the one time though so thats cool. I only golfed with him a few times each year but it is a few rounds a year that I will definitely miss. he loved that car man.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home