Cochranetown

Welcome to CochraneTown. You can visit for your daily dose of non-important material. Basically a spot for me to throw down some of my daily events and interests. Come back any time and let your comments be seen.

Thursday, October 20, 2005


So for probably the only time, I am going to rant about the government......Specifically Unemployemt insurance. What a crack-job it is. Recently I was laid off from my job at Gentek. During my time at the hellhole, I decided that it would be beneficial for me to return to school in hopes of bettering my education. Hoping this would start a new career for me in the near future, i decided to go for it. Well, I got laid off which was a blessing and I applied for Employment Insurance. Thinking that it was in the bag, and that they would think that going to school was a good idea seeing as I had been laid off once before within a year, I relied on the system to help me out....BIG MISTAKE. Apparently it is frowned upon to return to school to better yourself. In fact, I was told that if I had have taken a part time course (15 hours a week) that I would have been approved. Does this make sense??? If I go to school for 3 hours a day and am able to work 8 then they will pay me until I decide to get a job? I always thought that the purpose of this system is for those who are out of a job, and cannot find work immediately. For someone in my case, I was told that when I am done school, in February, that I can re-apply for the benefit and I will be able to claim it. This is good because by then I will probably be broke and trying to sell my body for cash, under the table of course. The whole situation just makes me very angry, and now I am searching for a new job which I will have to work ever day to make payments and somehow fit time into my schedule to do schoolwork, study, and maybe have 10 minutes to do my own thing. Although this Blog takes a bit of time, it does allow me to vent in some form and keep my sanity. Anyway, hopefully this didn't bore you and I will end here..........tune in tomorrow for another episode

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho Hum
*Heavy Sigh*
Clearly...yes CLEARLY you haven't formed any bonds with extra-terrestrial life forms who are planning to take over the government in a matter of days child...A MATTER OF DAYS! If you need financial assistance I strongly encourage you to contact them at once.
This will solve any dilemma you may be experiencing and ALSO gaurantee your unlimitless supply of morality,
sincerely

one who knows

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home